Monday, August 20, 2012

The Nuckelavee: The Devil of the Sea

Now we're getting into some really creepy Fae, The Nuckelavee.
I know a lot of you don't know about this Fae.
It is indeed very rare, but it is known in Scotland's Orkney Islands.

I found a really awesome drawing on Deviantart by Verdego.
And the artist allowed me to use their drawing of the Nuckelavee on my Blog. *Yeah*
Kudos and many thanks to Verdego!
http://verdego.deviantart.com/art/Nuckelavee-110263255


What an awesome and seriously spine tingling Fae the Nuckelavee is!!!
I mean seriously - would you want to meet this thing in real life?

Here is a brief description of the fiersome Nuckelavee:

Nuckelavee:
[knog-gul-vee] Nuckelavee is a creature from Scotland’s Orkney Island folklore that is known as the devil of the sea. A vile hybrid of half-man and half-horse, its skinless body is covered in raw living flesh. Its horse’s head has only one eye. Centered on its back is a thin rider with no legs, but has long ape-like arms.

I also wanted to give you an EXCERPT from Guardian of the Moon Pendant with the Nuckelavee:

There it was before me, its stature ten times larger than any mortal, a vile hybrid of half-man and half-horse, a hideous skinless creature, its body covered in raw living flesh, just muscles tethered together with great white sinews, its blood black as tar pulsing through its yellow veins, a single fiery eye centered above its horse’s head, while two eyes blazed on its monstrous human head, it lolled down to its shoulders, too heavy for its frail neck, rolling side to side, its elongated arms hung low, scrapping its knuckles along the ground, its sharp claws curling inward. 

I swallowed hard. My eyes stared into its red-hot eye, sending a shiver through all the bones in my body, its venomous breath blowing heat onto my cool skin, while little beads of sweat snaked down my face. I kept calm and stayed in control, showing it I knew its weakness.

Until next time!

Sláinte!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment